Financial Analyst Objective Statement
123 Fourth Street, Apt 10 • Baltimore, MD 12345 • (123)555-1234 • email@example.com
Public Policy and Economic Analyst
• Communicate complex material in a clear and simplified manner.
• Analyze and develop options expediently.
• Understand the functionality of technical systems, including telecommunications.
• Facilitate interdisciplinary team endeavors.
1997-pres. Public Utilities Regulatory Analyst
MARYLAND PUBLIC UTILITIES CON/MISSION, Baltimore, MD
• Provide economic and technical expertise to commissioners and judges, and ensure
compliance with the commission’s decisions.
• One of four analysts currently developing policies and rules for local exchange
competition in telecommunications.
• Developed options for restructuring the local switch transport market and analyzed
their economic impacts.
• One of two analysts who calculated rates for Bell Telephone in Phase III of NRF, IRD.
• Lead technical analyst in the restructuring of Maryland gas industry through a capacity
1996-1997 Associate/Economic Consultant
ICF RESOURCES, Fairfax, VA
• Served as economic consultant to corporations, utilities, and government agencies in the
• Analyzed railroad behavior and investment patterns to develop an index of railrates for
• Provided analysis in fuel procurement negotiations for several major utilities.
Concurrent with Education:
Fall ’00 Teaching Assistant, Mathematics
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, Greenbelt, MD
Fall ’99 Project Consultant
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CONLMISSION OF BALTIMORE, Baltimore, MD
Summer ’99 Research Assistant
ARGONNE NATIONAL LABORATORIES, Bethesda, MD
MA, Public Policy, 2001, University of Maryland, Greenbelt, MD
BA, Economics, minor in Mathematics,1999, University of Maryland, Greenbelt, MD